It’s Saturday, and we’re overdone for some stew. I’ve been on vacation last week, and I left some links at work when I left before vacation, so this is a short list:
- Tower No More. Those who have driven the Hollywood Freeway near Sunset remember two major icons: The studios of KTTV-11 and KMET, and the tower for KTLA. The first came down a long long time ago to be replaced by a high school. The second came down just last week — yes, they have (supposedly, temporarily), taken down the KTLA tower.
- Olive Oil No More. According to the LA Times, there has been a major Olive Oil disaster, and olive oil is about to get much more expensive.
- Gluten No More. Unless you are Celiac or actually sensitive to gluten, it turns out a gluten-free diet does not make you healthier.
- You Bought What? Looks like about 30,000 may have bought a literal box of cowshit.
- Interesting Art. Posted on my Facebook: Here’s an interesting article on a man who uses crayons as pixels to make art, and assigns letters to each crayon to embed messages in the pictures.
- Puppeteer No More. Alas, long time Los Angeles puppeteer Bob Baker has passed away.