I few years ago saw a post on LJ that suggested an interesting tradition for anniversaries: For each year that you are married, post one thing that you love about your spouse. We were married in 1985, so this year marks year Nº 26:
- I love that she keeps her head in a crisis.
- I love that she knows how to calm me down when I start panicking.
- I love that she helps me think logically when dealing with big ticket
items or expenses.
- I love that she knows how to think through situations logically.
- I love that she is a very loyal friend, going out of her way to help
- I love that she is able to express herself very well, and convey
information the information to others in ways they can understand.
- I love that she is a very good cook, coming up with creative
- I love that she is willing to put away the laundry.
- I love that she pulls off very nice parties.
- I love that she has a good decorating sense.
- I love that she cleans up nicely 🙂
- I love that she puts up with my disappearing off to Boardgame
days and my working on the highway pages.
- I love the needlecrafting and fabric arts that she does.
- I love that she knows how to deal with our daughter when I’m getting
- I love that she is active in our daughter’s school life.
- I love that she is willing to deal with family situations I don’t
want to deal with.
- I love that she is willing to deal with contractors and repair
- I love that she doesn’t spend too much on quilting and fabric
- I love that she has similar tastes in friends to me.
- I love that she enjoys going to the theatre with me.
- I love that she understands that I’m not romantically inclined.
- I love that she puts up me when I’m dealing with my headaches.
- I love her compatible music tastes.
- I love that she’ll take my car in to get serviced, as opposed to saying “It’s your problem. Deal.”
- I love that she and I can have wonderfully intelligent conversations.
- I love her creativity.
Of course, this list doesn’t include the things I love about her that I can’t post on LiveJournal :-). Maybe next year. You’ll just have to wait and see.