This has been a busy, busy week. Loads to do at work, plus I’ve been feeling a bit off and my laptop has had trouble. So today’s news chum is some random articles that have popped into my brain from the week’s reading:
- For those familiar with modern Jewish music: Debbie Friedman is extremely ill. She’s evidently suffering from pneumonia, and is currently on a respirator in an induced coma. I, for one, wish her a speedy recovery.
- There’s a nice short article in the LA Times about the remaining dinner theatres in Los Angeles. I’ve never really explored dinner theatre. I remember driving past Elizabeth Howard’s and the Granada Theatre, but they are both gone now.
- Only in California! Gavin Newsom refuses to leave as mayor of San Francisco because he doesn’t want a more progressive replacement mayor. Newsom was elected Lt. Governor.
- The NY Times Magazine has a nice article regarding your cyberidentity when you die.
- Lastly, Starbucks has revamped its logo to just the mermaid portion, with neither the corporate name or the corporate product. Not only has this resulted in 15th Ave Coffee and Tea becoming Starbucks again, but it has resulted in heaps of derision and score, as evidenced by this report that they are starting a mermaid escort service. Starbucks isn’t alone. Target also dropped the text from their iconic logo.