Today’s lunchtime news chum brings a collection of college planning articles:
- Selective College Admissions. An interesting blog I found on college admissions, with an article from June about how selective colleges have become. It’s got some good advice on the number and type of schools to apply to.
- Empty Nesting. Some interesting advice for empty nesting parents. This will be us, next year at this time.
- Lists, We Got Lists. Some more interesting college lists. 13 Colleges with the Best Career Services. 13 Colleges with the Best Financial Aid (alas, none of my daughter’s choices are here). 10 Colleges where they Study the Most (strange how many engineering schools are on this list :-)). 10 Colleges with the Best Dorms. 10 Most Athletic Colleges (should this be: 10 colleges you shouldn’t go to if you don’t care about sports?).
- How The Mighty Have Fallen. An interesting piece from Time on how California’s public university system has slid downhill. This year is the first year where UC is getting more of its funding from tuition than from state support.
- The Dreaded Essay. Some interesting advice (I need to forward to my daughter) on writing college application essays: Zen and the Art of Writing Your College Application Essay.