Amongst the political and transitional news chum I’ve been collecting of late, there are a number of articles that are more informational — that is, they provide some really useful tidbits and insights. I’d like to share them with you:
- Increasing Battery Life. Frustrated with the battery life on your Android phone? Here’s how to make it better.
- Film Projection. Here’s an interesting article on how film projection got so complicated, and how to find the best projection of what you want to see.
- Stripped Screws. We’ve all done it — stripped the top of a screw. Here’s how to remove a stripped screw.
- Your Mail. As you probably know, the USPS scans every envelope (outside only, so they say). They are modifying their app so you can opt in to seeing what mail you’ll be getting before it is delivered.
- Smart Meters. It turns out that smart meters are not so smart after all — they can get confused by line noise and overbill you. Here are the details.
- Ransomware. We’ve all heard about it; we might not know what to do about it. Here’s a good guide to ransomware and how to deal with it.
- Facebook Quizzes. Here’s an article that states something I’ve been saying for years: those Facebook quizzes that go around may just be a front to steal information, which is then later used to phish you or impersonate you.
- Autoplay Audio/Video. (ETA: Here’s an article on how to stop websites from autoplaying audio and video)