Now that the Hollywood Fringe Festival (FB) is over, save for the encores, and now that the writeups are done, it’s time to start clearing the links. Here are some accumulated links from the last two weeks related to food:
- Gluten Free Bread: “Chemists say they finally know how to make soft, delicious gluten-free bread“. Two food scientists have reportedly figured out how to isolate a corn protein that has the ability to make gluten-free bread and pasta as soft and doughy as their wheat-filled counterparts. Cool.
- Cheddar Cheese and Apple Pie: “It’s Time To Put Cheddar Cheese Back On Apple Pie“. You might not have realized it, but cheddar cheese goes great on apple pie. Here are some restaurants in LA where you can try it.
- Onions: “The Science Of Why Onions Make Us Cry“. Onions may taste great, but chopping them can be a tearful experience. If you understand why, you can chop with fewer tears.
- Sausage: “The Mysterious Origins of a Food That’s Always Been Funny: The Sausage“. Every culture has their noodle. Every culture has their chicken soup. Every culture has their sausage. Here’s why. (heh heh heh he said sausage)
- Disposable Spoons: “This Startup Wants You To Have Your Disposable Spoon And Eat It, Too“. We may be ecological and all that, but we still throw away plastic utensils. But what if you could eat the utensils after you were done with your meal….
One Reply to “A Lunchtime Post: Food News to Chew On”
The Gluten story makes me remarkably happy.
Comments are closed.