Today’s news chum brings you, as Paul Harvey might say, “the rest of the story”:
- “Jewish” Surnames. A few days ago, I wrote a rant about the article going virally around Facebook about Jewish Surnames. Turns out that article was not only misleading, it was incorrect in a number of ways.
- Behind the Apple. Since we’re talking about Jewish stuff, here’s an interesting article about the Jewish connections behind Apple Computers.
- Velveeta Shortage. Remember all those articles about a Velveeta shortage. Guess what. There really is no shortage; it was a manufactured panic based on an offhand remark.
- Behind the Glitter. Snap chuff. Sparkle. Sparkle. Ever wonder where the glitter in your glitter trap comes from. The answer isn’t always as pretty as the glitter.
- A Hard Problem. You’ve all heard about the problem that the “condom law” is creating for porn performers here in the San Fernando Valley. The problem is so hard they are ejaculating themselves to Vegas, right? Wrong. Actually, the news of the porn industry moving to Vegas is completely wrong. In more interesting news, one production company has decided to solve the problem a different way: they are digitally removing the condoms.
- Behind the Cast Iron Pan. Ever wonder how to season a cast iron pan right? Here’s a good explanation, including the science behind the story.