Then perhaps you need this 12-step program. The steps are:
- Admit that e-mail is managing you. Let go of your need to check e-mail every ten minutes.
- Commit to keeping your inbox empty.
- Create files where you can put inbox material that needs to be acted on.
- Make broad headings for your filing system so that you have to spend less time looking for filed material.
- Deal immediately with any e-mail that can be handled in two minutes or less but create a file for mails that will take longer.
- Set a target date to empty your in box. Don’t spend more than an hour at a time doing it.
- Turn off automatic send/receive.
- Establish regular times to review your e-mail.
- Involve others in conquering your addiction.
- Reduce the amount of e-mail you receive.
- Save time by using only one subject per e-mail; delete extra comments from forwarded e-mail, and make the subject line detailed.
- Celebrate taking a new approach to e-mail.
So where’s the 12-step program for LiveJournal?