Just realized it is Saturday and I haven’t done my news chum stew post, even though I’m likely to have stew for dinner. I’ve been too busy updating systems and installing the new version of Acronis, my favorite backup software. So here are some stew items for you:
- It Bugs Me. Let’s start with perhaps the most interesting — or revulsive — article. An in-depth exploration of why we hate cockroaches. It still creeps me out.
- Hooking You In. So you don’t like roaches. How about hookworms. It appears they are a solution to celiac disease. Yuk.
- Identity Theft. Some interesting links in a Slashdot article on the problems the IRS would face if it tried to solve the identity theft problem. All of my CPA friends will find this of interest.
- Apple of my Eye. An interesting article from NPR on the wide variety of heirloom apples.
- On The Street. An article from the New Yorker that looks at how Sesame Street has changed in the years since it premiered.
- Selling It. An opinion piece on a bill that would give you the right to sell goods powered by software. That’s right, folks want to limit your ability to resell that phone you own, that old iPod… or your automobile, as you only lease the software and can’t transfer the license.
- For The Students. Lastly, for the students out there: A way to get M$ Office Student edition in a self-serve fashion.