It’s Saturday and it’s late, but hey — I’ve been at a Bat Mitzvah and fighting a migraine, so give me some slack. So here’s some news chum stew that’s been simmering on the stove for a while:
- Enroll Now. For all those Harry Potter fans who listed Hogwarts as a school you attended … well now you can.
- Tea for Two. Here’s a job I’d like: Being a taster at a tea test.
- A Secret Romance. If you’ve driven down Route 111, you’ve seen it — the Secret Romance of the Date. Here’s how America was introduced to the date.
- I’d Give an Arm. In a previous stew, I mentioned Miles O’Brien, the reporter who lost an arm to acute compartment syndrome. Here’s an interesting article on how he is living without an arm.
- Living in a WigWam. I mentioned Route 111 (former US 99) earlier. Here’s a US 66 article, on the man who is restoring the Wig-Wam Motels.
- Smaller Bags. I mentioned the shrinking carry-on bag earlier this week. Here’s another article on the subject, this time with some links to bags fitting the new standard.