Sometimes news chum is just useful information. Here’s a bunch of items, all related to your house or your household:
- Solar Panels. We recently put solar on our house (thank you, PD and MCCU). As is common, the inverters on our roof are connected to the Internet, and I can look and see how they are doing. But they are also vulnerable, and here’s an interesting article on just how vulnerable they are.
- Sponges. For the longest time, I believed you could disinfect a sponge by microwaving it or running it through the dishwaster. Wrong. There’s no good way to disinfect a sponge, other than tossing it and buying a new one.
- Ice Cream. We love ice cream. We hate the brain freeze that comes with it. Here’s why we scream when it happens. What’s interesting is that the article notes it might be a treatment for migraines.
- Streaming TV. Not everyone has all those newfangled devices for your TVs that connect them to the steaming services. So what do you do if you stream to your computer, but want to watch on your HDTV? Here’s how to connect the two. I must give this a try.
- Yeah, Right, No, Left. Here’s one of those useless household lists made by a right hander about what left handers can’t do. I think they are all bunk — I’m left handed and have no problem with any of these.