One more quick food and science chum post, while my wife finishes her shower. Then it’s off to Faire…
- Being a Fat Head. Reducing the amount of fat in your diet, or switching exclusively to vegetable fats, may not be the healthiest thing for you. Increasingly, science is finding out that not all calories are created equal, and not all fats are equal. The what is often more important than the how much. The clear culprit, however, is sugar.
- Heritage Grains and Gluten Free. Here’s an interesting article on how using heritage grains can spice up a gluten-free diet.
- Cast Iron Goodness. A good reminder article on how to maintain your cast iron cookware.
- Garlic Goodness. How to cook with leftover Zankou Chicken garlic sauce. Yum.
- Chinese in Northridge. A new Sichuan Chinese restaurant has opened in Northridge, and it is getting rave reviews.
And now it is off to the Faire…