Here’s the rest of the week’s assorted news chum:
- Diversity, Take 1. When it comes to women and self-image, it is important to see oneself in the models. This is why large size models are important. However, whereas there is diversity of color in the skinny models, there’s a distinct lack of diversity in the plus size arena.
- Diversity, Take 2. Another area of diversity of getting women on panels. Gene Spafford has written about this in the Computer Security arena, and Dr. Lipstadt has been highlighting articles about the problem in the Jewish community. Here’s another call for men to give up their seats for women on panels.
- Short Term Rentals. Short term rentals — translation, airBNB — has been in the news of late. Here’s an interesting article about the problem of short term rentals in Berkely, and how it is hurting the housing market.
- Cooks Stuff. Good news: Surfas in Culver City will be moving, but won’t be closing.
- UFOs are Real. I know. They make jerky in Baker, CA. Next thing you know, they’ll want to build a hotel.
- Why You Should Serve. Here’s a great article about why you should volunteer at your synagogue.