As today is Valentines Day, I felt it was only appropriate to theme today’s lunchtime news chum around the search for love:
- The Stink of Love. Humans aren’t the only creatures that get amorous around VDay. It also happens to be skunk mating season. This means that (a) you’re more likely to see these beasts, and (b) you’re more likely to smell these beasts. Hopefully you don’t interrupt them when they are doing the nasty, or else you won’t be getting any for a while
- Marriage Problems. Getting married is hard for many. It’s evidently even harder in Israel, where you often have to prove your Jewish status to the government. The Atlantic has an interesting article on this, including a write-up on the PIs that investigate matrilineal status. Evidently, a lot of folks get around the problem by getting married somewhere else.
- Married in Vegas. Of course, you can get around the problem by getting married in Las Vegas. The Las Vegas Sun has an interesting article on the proprietor on one of the wedding chapels in Vegas, including how she turned her life around from being a jilted bride to being in charge of the chapel.
- Facebook and Cheating. Lastly, an article about a Facebook app called “Bang with Friends”, which will help you identify your Facebook friends interested in providing, shall we say, benefits. Remember what I wrote earlier this week about the Internet not necessarily being a good thing. Here’s yet another example of it.
- A Wisp of a Thing. (ETA:) A last last item to add to the thread, which might relate to the item above, but probably isn’t a surprise: Men and women view lingerie differently. According to the article: “Whereas the men tend to go straight toward the French maid number, the table of platform sky-high heels, or anything featuring a garter belt and thigh-highs, women are more concerned with the most flattering look.”